Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Happenings

Had a great and busy weekend. Ran a race ( 10 km), poorly planned race but the running company was wonderful. Went grocery shopping ( boo!). I hate grocery shopping. I hate watching all that money being spent on food that wont even last the whole week. But that is it's own post all together.
The General Relief Society Broadcast for my church was as always uplifting and amazing. Then Sunday brought this. Oh I'm salivating at the pictures. Most likely 'cause I just ate my last one and want more.

I received from Daddy Warbucks a delightful cookbook. A french cookbook none the less. I love French food. I really mean that I adore French food. If I had a choice of what ever food I would want to eat for the rest of my life it would be French food. Before we moved the "Zoo" we would frequent, ok really not frequent more like go about twice a year, because if you have ever had French food it is expensive. And with as many animals we have and well a lack of CEO finances it was more like a special occasion that we went to this little French restaurant.
So the food was so good that if it was not against all etiquette, I would like my plate clean and ask for more. It is that good. If you have never tried French, oh my you need to try. I'm totally not kidding you need to try.
So with the new cookbook Trout has decided that we will bake every dessert in it. I'm thinking ooh la la. Yes let us do that. I have no problem being the taste tester. In fact the whole family has come on board. Who does not like dessert made with real butter, lots of eggs and cream. Good grief you would be mad. Mad I say. These are the pretties she made on Sunday.


Action shot. It was hard filling the pipping bag with the sticky dough. But it was worth the effort.

 


 

They cooked up wonderfully. Nice and golden brown, but man it was sure a production. Everything had to be timed perfectly.


And Viola! The finished product. Home made vanilla eclairs. She did vanilla cause Daddy Warbucks does not like chocolate. I know don't get me started. Oh man these were so good, I have no idea how the French stay so thin. I would eat a dozen of these if I could.
Yummmmmmmmmy!

1 comment: