Thursday, October 11, 2012

Like it or Hate it.

Well I told everybody about the Pinterest experiment. Well I did it I did a pinterest craft. Did it turn out? Well you can be the judge of that . I did the glue on canvas that I saw floating around the pinterest universe and tried my hand at it. It did not go as I had planned.
First, coming up with the design was difficult. I had to ask Trout to help. She just looked at me like I was the biggest geek and said " You don't know how to do this? It's so easy look."
She then proceeded to show me her mad art skills and they are amazing. She can do all my crafts. We got a design idea picked out and started.
I have to pencil before I do anything, I'm just that way. No free hand here. Well pencil does not come off canvas very well. Also white glue is not the medium you want. You want hot glue or puffy paint. Something that is really going to make a contrast. White glue just melts into a thin little puddle once it is dry.
I went over it again with hot glue but with the white glue and the hot glue well it's just a mess.
White does not cover the pencil lines, Great! So now I've got to come up with another colour. I'm thinking sea foam green/teal. We will see, Kangaroo is excited. She actually gets art work ( not amazing art work) on her walls. Well Pinterest made one little girl happy. So I guess it worked. Now time to do the other 2.


P.S. Changed the colour to sea foam grean. I'll post when all three are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment