Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Panrty re-org


Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a Pinterest junkie. Actually what I should say is that I'm a Pinterest stalker. I don't really pin things myself I see what other people are finding and latch on to that. But one thing that I have fallen for is the pictures of beautiful pantry's. I know, many of us salivate over the thought of walking into our pantry's ( or even having a pantry) and having all of our wonderful food at our fingertips. We open the door the angels are singing, the sun is streaming in and there is a cool breeze carrieing the fragrant bouquets of wild flowers. Oh what bliss, then reality strikes you actually open your eyes. Yikes, this place looks like a bomb went off. Grocery bags are still sitting on the floor, or outside of the panrty waiting to be put away. Kids have been raiding your stock of chocolate chips that you thought you hid so carefully ( cause the real chocolate costs too much. Drat!), and there is a funky smell coming from the direction of somthing that looks like potatoes, but you really don't know. Life can sure be a slap in the face. But, still those beautiful pictures of beautiful panrtys becon and well I'm going to fall for it. I'm going to go in and try to get it prettied up. Not like anyone goes in there, unless I ask them to, or they are hunting for that stash of chocolate. So how am I going to do it. First thoughts were just to throw out everythin and start fresh. But Daddy Warbucks I don't think would be verry happy and neither would my budget. So I'm going to do this the hard way. Keep everythin and try to make what I have pretty. I'm hoping that this project only takes a week. But I guess we will see.






These bueaties were my inspiration. Will my pantry look like this probably not, but it will look tidy and neat. Also I don't know if their pantrys really look like this all the time or just when a camera is around.


This is what I started with. See just the dump zone not so pretty.


After some work and it's gettting there. Step by step. Container by container.


My favorite, the snack basket. Full of good yummy treats. I don't think my kids would say that but I like these kindof things.

No comments:

Post a Comment