Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Must be Monday.

This weekend was busy. Very busy! Ok so for most people it probably was not very busy but for me it was busy. Lots happening. Some of the Zoo got sick, ( Yuck) I'm still getting over from being sick ( more Yuck). A birthday, Church dinner, dessert making that well took several attempts. And I'm sure there is more that I'm missing. Or maybe I just think that there is more and really there is not. Where to start...


First Birthday. Birthdays are so fun, I like birthdays. I like how excited people get when the whole day they are remembered. Everyone loves to feel special. Love to feel remembered and love to know that people are happy that they came to earth. I think there is just something really wonderful about birthdays. I know as we get older, we may not enjoy our birthdays as much as we did when we were kids. But they are magical. There is something important about a birthday, no matter how old you are. One may say that they don't like or enjoy their birthdays, but I'm sure that at the end of the day and no one says anything about your special day, you would feel sad. At least I'm sure they do. Everyone likes some form of praise, especially when that day represents the first breaths you ever took in this world. So any way "Bear" had her birthday. It was great. We teased her all the day before that we just could not remember what was happening the next day. We knew there was something wonderful happening but just could not remember what it was. Oh Bear was so animated that it was going to be her birthday, she was sure of it. The big day arrived and we had a great family snuggle in bed and just doadded on her. What a special girl she is, we were so happy she came to our family etc. She was so happy everyone remembered and that her insistence the night before reminded us. She's so funny. So I went all out. decorated her room and just had fun. Trout was home because she was and still is sick, but that's another post. Trout just shook her head and told me that now that I've done this all the kids will be wanting something. Way to go Mom, you set the bar and now it's just going to get higher.


She came home to this and was just overjoyed. I love making the kids happy on such special days. She was bouncing around and just so thrilled it was her birthday and for those of you who know Bear, you know exactly what she was doing.

On with the weekend and Daddy Warbucks and I got to go to a church dinner just for adults. It was nice to go out on a date. We had great friends there and great desserts. There was a panel of members from other faiths there to discuss their religion. There was so much information it was wonderful. It was exciting to hear about other religions, from the people that live it and not from news, or other forms of hear say. Really was a great time. Of course the icing on the evening was that my dessert that I brought for the evening won an award. Yes, I love winning things, but really who doesn't. I made Nanaimo bars. Yup that is how you spell it. It is a Canadian dessert something that really works well in Canada because it is cold up there. Here the chocolate topping kind of melts. But still good.


So this is what happened. I was making the topping of the dessert and the worst thing that could ever happened happened. My chocolate clumped. I don't know if this ever happens to you, but for some reason sometimes my chocolate takes on a life of it's own and turns in to " The Blob". Thank goodness the thing did not slump out of the bowl and eat someone. Yikes! The frustrating part was that this was not your ordinary chocolate. This was the good stuff. This was the stuff that dreams are made of. The stuff that you can't find in any grocery store, the stuff that I have to call back home for and have shipped to me. I was so mad. I just sat there looking at this disaster and wonder when the sky was going to fall and the end of the world come. So sad. Actually the sad thing is that I felt so horrible about it being good chocolate that I could not just get rid of it. Yup that's right I ate some. Don't judge me, I know if you knew how good this chocolate is you would do the same thing.



Back to the drawing board, this time chips. Hey they worked! I probably shouldn't say this but 3rd times a charm. Yup took me 2 other times with good chocolate clumping to just go ahead and us the chips. ( not very happy in the Zoo that day)
All went well and the dessert was a hit and I still have some left over I made two pans. They are sooooo good.

Oooooooo, so yummy!

Also this week I'm back to my daily routines. Well really I'm trying to get back. Really I don't think that I ever had a routine. I always dreamed of being organized enough to have one. Looked at all the pins on pinterest thinking to myself that life would be so much better if I was organized like these women. HAHAHAHA then I woke up. My life is not normal. I have 5 little ones and a husband. I have church callings, school parties, after school activities and climbing mountains of laundry. And we all know what my laundry is like, or should I shout and you can hear the echo. But maybe if I have some structure I will have time to do other things or maybe read a book. Nah probably not but one can dream. So here is the new
book!


Look how pretty. You better look this new routine won't last long haha.



One of my favorite things about this new layout is the spot to put a idea and inspiration. I love this one and tell the kids all the time. I heard it while running and listening to a Conference talk. Let that be the motto today.
Can't do GOOD while doing WRONG,
Can't go WRONG while doing GOOD.


1 comment: