Thursday, September 20, 2012

Look what I found!

Let's break down today. Got up, much to my surprise. Really I thought I would not be able to. But I did get my butt out of bed, half walked and half fell down the stairs to get breakfast ready for " Monster". "Trout" is still sick so she got to stay in bed this morning. So Monster and I ate breakfast together. Or I think we ate breakfast together, this mornings wake up was really early and I'm not a morning person. Heck I'm not a night owl either. Good grief, I think that I only have maybe an hour window when I'm productive, between 11:00 to 12:00. Lunch time! Then my friends it's down hill from there. Anyway, all the Little's got off to school, I think they had healthy lunches, I think their hair was brushed and I'm sure teeth were cleaned. Trout woke up and had her down 2 Advil ( she still has a fever Ugh!). Then off to sleep again. Bug wanted to play Candyland, surprise surprise. I told her I didn't want to play her anymore she keeps on winning. She lovingly looked up and said " Oh mom, I'll let you win this time I promise." Great my kids are already throwing games so that I feel good. I gave in, cause really how could on not, played one game of Candyland ( lost :( ), then off to gymnastics with Bug. Almost fell asleep while watching, yup it's that riveting, came home and gave Trout more Advil. I know you are reading this and just hanging off of every word that is typed. How could this day get anymore exciting. I know I live this life everyday. Got home did some chores, Mount Everest is no longer, now it's more like K2. I think all the fruit flies that I have flew away with a whole banana, and I had no idea what to make for dinner. I know, I know you are now on the edge of your seats. You really want to know what is going to happen next, how more intriguing can my day get. Oh man, it gets so much better.

 I went to the store to pick up what we needed for dinner ( hot dogs haha thought it was going to be something fancy didn't you) and found these beauties. It was as if angelic choirs were singing and lights came down from up above. I had to blink just to make sure my eyes did not deceive me. Ketchup Chips! I know, AMAZING! Most of you are probably sitting here trying to not get sick all over your computers, but I'm from Canada and man Ketchup chips is a way of life. I'm not saying that these suckers are amazing and the best chips ever, I'm just saying I'm so excited for a little taste of home. Daddy Warbucks was not as excited as I was but that is normal. I had to open them right when we got home. Was I disappointed. No my friends, ya they don't quite taste the same but they were good. As good as Ketchup chips can be. 
So that my friends was my big exciting day. Never a dull moment. Okay maybe a few, but when the exciting ones come they are exciting ( if you call finding Ketchup chips exciting,and I do). I hope that your day was just as fun as mine or maybe even better. 

A little side note. I'm so very happy and proud of a good friend who is running her first 5k. She is so happy, I'm glad to see her so excited and happy. Way to go! Holla that's for you friend ( at least that's how I think you spell it hee hee!) 

4 comments:

  1. I think we need to start a daily comparison of how boring our lives are.

    I can't believe you didn't have the ingredients on hand for hot dogs. We always have some in the freezer. In fact, I think we might be bosom buddies because we had hot dogs for dinner tonight, too. Well, the kids did. I only made 4 and I was secretly hoping there would be one left over for me, but the darn kids ate them all. I guess I'll just have to get my nitrate-filled processed meat fix some other day.

    (In case you can't tell who "Mere" is, it's Meredith Burnham, your new stalker!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally should start a daily comparison. That would be really funny have everyone weigh in on their day.
      And my family is still eating hot dogs!

      Delete
  2. I totally laughed out loud like three times!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love ya too! Hope you enjoyed the treats, mine are almost all gone. Yummy!

      Delete