Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Well, I'm back in the saddle. Haha does anyone else think of "Sleepless in Seattle" when they hear that. I do but I'm back whether you like it or not. I've had to get things in order and life back together. I'm in a good place right now. Life is good, no life is great! There have been great things that have happened in our little zoo. Many great things. Too many to write about. The one thing that I find is that I need to get writing again. About things that have happened, things that I have thought of and life that is passing by so quickly. Soon I will blink and wonder where time has gone. I'll be sitting on my porch wondering what just happened, my zoo will be gone, the noise will not exists and I will be sitting in silence wishing and praying that it would come back. I know sounds weird but I'm sure that will happen. Or on the flip side I will be travelling the world and living the high life, the life that I have put on hold. Haha, nope I will be sitting on the porch wishing someone would drop by. Okay enough of the "life is passing me by" party, and on to the day.
I wish that I could write something profound and life changing. I wish that I had great words of wisdom to write, something that would change the world. But alas, nope, mind is blank, nothing grand, nothing earth shattering. I did find out today that I'm horrible at 'Candyland". Yup Bug beat me best out of 3. When did this game get so hard. I'm sure it's because she counts cards or has marked them. I'm sure of it. She's pretty sneaky!

Lets see what else. Oh ya, a zoo of 7 makes a lot of laundry. I mean a lot. Crazy amounts. Mount Everest amounts. I need oxygen and a Sherpa just to summit the top. It's crazy. I know that we all know, that but just putting it into perspective. What else, I need a new computer ( hint hint) and I'm not the only mom out there that feels like we do nothing and is bored. Yay, I knew I was not the only one. Sometimes I feel that everyone I know is doing such cool and amazing things. And that I'm the only one sitting at home trying to figure out how to scale all the laundry with out ropes. The only one who has swept the floor for the 4th time ( who am I kidding I don't clean). The only one who falls asleep while reading to their kids. And the only mom out there wishing that someone would call that can carry on an adult conversation ( ok really any conversation that does not have to deal with a princess or going potty). You know what I'm not the only one. There are tons of us that go through this every day. We wake up wondering and feeling the same way. But Moms and Dads would we change this. Would we give up the snuggles, the giggles, the going through clothes and feeling the pangs of childhood marching forward. Would we give up the bright smiles, the snotty kisses, the " your the best mommy/daddy there is is". I don't think so. Those on the outside may look at our lives of one that is not glamorous, one that is mundane, a life that is full of well the same things everyday. But what job gives you the flexibility of maybe staying in bed a little longer with a little someone. Or change in the blink of an eye to kiss a boo boo. Or wear spirit wear all day because someone in your zoo is running in their first ever race. I would say no other job then this. Don't get me wrong there are days when I wish I went to an office. Days when I wish I could come home and not have work follow me. Days where I could wear something that is dry clean only. But this is the best job ever! I really mean it.I have never found such great satisfaction as I do right here, right now,in the trenches. I love my job, 24/7 I love my job.

Plus these little toes are not going to stay little forever :(


No comments:

Post a Comment