Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm a Mormon!

I have cupcakes in the oven, for "Bear's" birthday party tomorrow, so I thought that I would take some time to write a little post. Last night Daddy Warbucks and I were sitting in the living room being boring. ( That happens alot at my little house. We don't get out much, or at least not invited lots. I think it's due to the fact that we own a zoo. Just a hunch. You all should be feeling bad now. Haha. Just joking, we love our boring hum drum life) So anyway. I was reading about the I am a Mormon campaign that the Church has put out. I love it! If you have not seen it yet I tell you right now. Stop reading my ramblings and go to mormon.org. Then don't forget to come back. I'll miss you. Watch the little clips about normal people who are Mormon. I watched some last night. These are not ordinary people. These are extraordinary people. Some of these people have and are going through cancer treatment with a young family who depends on them. Some are blind, some are Olympic athletes, philanthropists, Singers, Bloggers, Military vets etc. But the glimpse into their lives shows that they are normal ordinary people. I sat on the couch thinking of the video they would make about me. Hum, I live in my pj's ( not very inspiring), I run to get away ( that does not sound inspiring), I hit the proverbial wall at about 8:oo pm every night.
I make due with what I have or I make due without. ( Or I just whine to Daddy Warbucks and he tells me to suck it up princess).So of course the train running through my head was one of self pitty. Not that I want to be sick, or be an army vet. An Olympic athlete that would be cool. I don't want to be blind, and opera singer that would be fun. I just thought my life would be something worth watching a short video about. Maybe not so much. Of course Daddy Warbucks always ruins a good pitty party. ( that's what I love about him). He reminded me of the wonderful things that my life has. I have 5 wonderful animals that I love very much. They are healthy, smart, kind and I think pretty cute. I have a wonderful husband ( That is what he reminded me over and over about. haha). I have a nice safe house and community. I have an awesome group of friends that I count as my sisters. I have a family that accepts me for my forgetfulness. I have a God that loves me. My life looked better and better. The Adversary wants us to think that we don't measure up. Well you know what, we do measure up. We surpass the measuring tape. There is nothing that we can not obtain. He's that one that did not measure up. He fell short. Not me. Yes I'm still working at it.Everyday is a struggle. I don't laugh and sing, run through meadows of wildflowers with my hair streaming back in big curls, and the sunlight hitting every angle of my face perfectly. I wake up like the rest of us. My hair so scary that Medusa would turn to stone. The traces of yesterdays makeup still lingering from a not so good clean job. Breath that dragons wish for. And I don't think about the wonders that I can accomplish today, I just think about getting the day started with out falling back asleep or yelling at the zoo to hurry up. But every night I know that I may struggle, I may stink, I may just feel down right horrible. But my Heavenly Father loves me and thinks that I measure perfectly. I'm His, He loves me. And I will do my best to make him happy with me His daughter.
So this I say. Like the videos say at the end.
I'm a mother of 5 wonderful children.
I have a happy, and loud home.
I'm a butcher ( mostly with dinner).
A baker.
Sometimes I'm a candlestick maker.
And I'm a Mormon.
So here is the thing I would love to see. Post what you are. What defines you? I'm excited to see them shared with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment