Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm back



Sorry, I've been sick and trying to still get my life organized. I know, organizing ones life is like climbing Everest with out any oxygen. I guess Everest can be conquered with out supplement oxygen, I guess I can organize. It's just one step at a time. Then a really long break to catch my breath.

Some fun things have happened in my absence. Our new house. Yes Daddy Warbucks and I are building a new house. The zoo is getting older and room is needed. What! Really, do we really need more room. I struggle with this. Of course I love pretty things, I love having rooms that I can try (stress try) to keep clean. I love the thought of having an adult room. With pretty things in it that the kids are not to touch cause they can break. But really, to say that the zoo is getting to big to fit in my house right now is joke. There are people in the world that live in considerably smaller places. In places that are built with garbage, in garbage, and they shelter many people. I'm a very blessed woman. I need to remember that. I'm truly blessed with many of the worlds riches. I need to find ways to give back, ways to help those that are in need. And make sure the size of my house or what is in it does not alter my outlook. We are building this house not for ourselves, but for those around us. Those that may, or will come to our door looking for refuge.

The house is coming along, yay! Not just a big hole anymore. It's a big hole with cement. I guess that is better.

Daddy Warbucks and I went to a NFL game. That was fun! ( wish I was feeling better, then it would have been even more fun) One of the cheerleaders is a friend of ours and we got tickets. She asked if I would take some pictures of her in action. So I tried to follow her around the stadium to get the perfect shot. I'm sure I looked like some crazy stalker. Popping up out of now where to take close ups of this cheerleader. HAHA! I'm serious, I felt like a Whack-a-Mole game. Or where's Waldo. but it was fun and I did get some good shots.




That's another things with my day planning experiment ( which by the way crashed and burned, now I need to pick up the pieces and try again, story of my life) I'm going to get any book I can get my hands on and read and teach myself about photography. Now I do not plan on becoming a photographer. I have a dear friend that can do that job and she is great at it. But just good enough that I can take some zoo pics and have them turn out nice. Some fun, abstract that are though provoking. So this might just become the avenue of showing off some of my triumphs and failures.


I want to show that I am a real person. I glimpse of my life through that of the camera. I want to pick up every detail, beautiful or ugly. I don't like hiding behind things. I don't like pretending that I am someone that I'm not. I'm just as normal as everyone else. Maybe even strange. Yes I like to dress up for church. Everyone does, we all put on our finery and come and sit and act like our zoo is perfect. Well I'm here to say I do the same thing. My life is not perfect, most days, I'm lucky to get a shower in. I'm lucky is that day not once did I raise my voice. I'm lucky if I ate a well balanced meal, if I got my laundry done, ( we all know how much I hate laundry) I'm lucky is I did not fall asleep while praying, fall asleep while trying to read my scripture. Fall asleep while trying to read to the zoo. Yes I have pimples on my face, my hair is a wild mess. You can see the pours on my face, I'm not a fantastic driver and sometimes we have pancakes for dinner. I'm real! Don't feel bad if you are too, welcome to the club. I hope that we can all embrace our reality and just enjoy each other and the journey that we are on. I just read a beautiful article a dear friend sent me. We are in this life to practice. Like a piano players practices. We are here to practice living with Heavenly Father. I never though about it that way. I'm not going to be prefect. I don't have to do everything right all the time. I will hit the wrong note, I will get frustrated, irritated. I will stumble and have to play the song of life one hand at a time. But I'm practicing. I'm trying and day by day, I'm improving.

On that note, ( haha) don't forget who you are, and who loves you. And keep practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment