Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday's Findings

Well today I found out the Mother Nature likes to play tricks. Of course we all know that. Never has a day gone off fully the way that we plan. Yes sometimes she smiles down on us and grants our greates wishes for nice sunny days as we bbq, or play with the kids. But there are times that everything is against us. Literally, wind, rain and lightning in this case. Started the run as usual. I had my camelbak on full of water ( haha little did I know I would not need anymore water then I got dureing this run), my gps/heart rate monitor ( why anyone uses those I have no idea, I really don't want to know that my heart is about to leap out of my chest and I'm going to die. I don't need a watch to tell me that thank you, My heart does a pretty good job telling me itself). After all that is strapped on, wait there is more. My phone/mp3 gets put into place and confrence gets pumped nice and loud through the ear phones. ( I know totally geeky to listen to General confrence as I run, but it soothes the soul and takes me places that I would never go while running. It is a great thing to try. Really I encourage everyone just to try it. You will get sewpt away in the spirit). Ok so by now, I look like I'm ready to infaltrate some hidden bunker somewhere in the jungle, ( Yup just call me Rambo, ok maybe Rambet, cause I'm a girl, haha. Ok only I found that funny). So anyway, I'm ready to go kissed the zoo goodbye and set off with great gusto. This was to be my best run. Well Mother Nature had other plans. To the left dark ominous clouds. That you would find in a horror movie ( good thing no scary music was playing, I would have gone straight home) on the right. a beautiful clear sky. The breeze was pleasent and the air was cool. Well Of course the breezed turned to a wind the sky was englufed with a green blackness and the ears were insulted with distant rumbles of thunder. The rain pounded. I found myself wondering what to do. Do I turn back or find shelter. Nature made that desision for me. Lightning raced across the sky, teasing me. Showing me who the faster one was. The closed the deal I was done. I could feel the energy from that one bolt as it raced high above my head. Time to go in. Of all places I found refuge. A golfcourse clubhouse. ( lightning, golf clubs. ok again I am the only one finding that funny.) I called for help. Got no answer at home so called in the calvary. Grabbed a ride home, kicked off my sloshy wet shoes and socks, and went to go find Daddy Warbucks. Only to find out, my prince in shining armour was out looking for me in the storm. My run ended rather short. Darn! Now do I brave Mother Nature again today. The sun is shinning, the birds are singing and there is a light breeze. I think I may just take the day off and enjoy the zoo that engulfs me. Long story short, I can't control the weather, but I can control what I do with it. Lets go and play with the zoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment