Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Computers are only as smart as the user

Well this statement rings so, so true in my life. The last post with the experiment did not save. Nor did the user ( me) check to see if it did save. I'm so very sorry, because in that last paragraph or so I explained the meaning of life and how to navigate through this crazy life. Hahaha. So sorry!
Nah, of course that is not true. I have a glimpse of what the meaning of life is. But I struggle everyday to navigate it. Sorry, no sage advice coming from me.
Anyway. I have no real idea what I said last night ( it was late, and I should have been sleeping) so I will try to recount what was said and at last the experiment.
So what do you want to be? It's more then a career, it's more then just being a mommy. It's who do you want to be. I want to be strong, I want to be wise, I want to be patient, loving, submissive, and endure my trials with my head held high. I want to be a mother who sees a teaching opportunity and takes it. I want to be the mom in the stands that holds up the " Way to Go!" sign for a child's play, sporting event, kindergarten musical. The mom that is always there to kiss the zoo goodbye in the morning and kiss them when they walk in after school. I want to be selfless in service. I want to be a tool in my Saviors hands. So with all these wants, what do I need to do to become what I want to be. Ha! There is a to do list. But it's more then laundry, dishes and picking up. It's praying, studying scripture, praying, praying, praying and then acting.
It took my a while to figure this out. Now I'm not good at it. I'm selfish, I'm lazy, I'm depressed just like he just of the world, but I see that I need to change. That's half the battle. Yesterday with Bug playing by herself on the floor, I took that opportunity to drop everything and play. We played horsey for an hour ( there was a well worn round pattern on the floor and my knees, back and gut hurt after) then came the tracing of feet, hands, faces and anything else we could find. It's was fun. I spent some of the precious time my Father has given me playing with one of his dear children. It's was wonderful being at eye level. Laughing and snuggling. Time, time. That's where the experiment comes in .
So time, why do we ( OK me ) feel that there is not enough time. Well, I think it is due to the fact that I'm horrible at managing it. ( Oh man another flaw, this blog is pulling them all out) Yes I could do a way better job at managing my time. So how to I do it. I don't know, I hoping someone else would tell me. Nah, I think we need to be mindful of the time that we waste. So I'm going to log my time. Yup, just like one logs a budget, a food plan. I'm going to log a time plan. And I'm going to be brutally honest. Yikes, this is going to get even scarier.
I've thought about this for awhile. I need to get my work done before playing. I need to write my jobs down ( make a list) then keep it where I see it all the time. Mark things off when they are done. I feel better seeing lists get shorter. It makes me feel like I accomplished something. That's the key I think, feeling like you did something. Then we want to continue to feel that way. Triumphant! Then at night, I can look back and see all I did and plan for the next day. That's the experiment. Now does it work, hypothesis says that if I stay true to the system, in the days, weeks, months to follow I will be more organized and have time to be who I want to be. Stay tuned to see what the daily variables are and the conclusion. ( Science was my best subject haha) Stay tuned. All my readers. And you know who you are cause I only have 3 including myself. HAHAHA!



1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. I miss having you near, you have always helped me remember why I am at home with the pod. Thank you for giving me ideas as to what I want to be when i grow up. Thank you Sandy. Love you

    ReplyDelete