Monday, May 13, 2013

New Workout Goal

I'm loving my workouts. I'm loving my gym and can't wait until the basement is finished and I have my own Gym area where I have my own weights, my own bench, all my own stuff. Today while at the Gym I did my Yoga class which I love, then went to go do some free weights. Well, everything was taken. All the benches were being used, all the floor space was being used. A hulk of a guy was on the leg press, another guy was doing squats, guys were doing pull ups, lat pull downs. So everything was busy. I hate waiting for the equipment. I hate standing around with all the hulks, ( me looking like a little waif) then having to sneak in grab my little weights, or change what they were doing and workout. But I really like my gym. So to get my life back on line and my body back from winter and surgery. ( oh that's a whole story of it own). I'm going to start a new program. With my knee acting up, I feel that I have not built enough muscle in my legs to keep things running in the right tracks and feeling a lot of muscle fatigue while running. I'm hoping that working on certain muscles groups, I'll be able to run much better. But I guess only time will tell. So today, I'm trying to eat cleaner, ( not that I ate horribly but, everyone can improve), trying to eat more regularly, and drinking lots of water ( which I'm already good at, yay for me). Also the muscles groups that I worked on today was chest/triceps. The work out was great. But I was feeling very week and I could not lift what I wanted. But baby steps, Rome was not built in a day.
So today was yoga. love the class. I love feeling stretched, calm and in control of my body. Although most times I'm sure my limbs are every where. Then off to weights.
So I'm doing 3 sets of 12, with a minute break between sets first to build up muscle endurance.
 
Wide set push ups.
Dumb bell bench press.
Cable bench flys
Narrow push ups
Standing Dumbbell triceps extension
Triceps push downs.
 
Needless to say. I think my max weight was 12 lbs (now to you see why I hate waiting around for the equipment. Sorry He-Man, I'm going to have to take your weight of 300 lbs down to 12, but you can have it when I'm done.) But I feel soooo much better when I push my body (yes 12 lbs was a push, hehe).
 
So if you are interested I will be posting my daily workouts, yoga classes, and maybe some clean eating ideas. 
Here is a little something that I love, that a dear friend has up in her house.
" Keep your eye on the prize and your hand on the plow"
Have a great day my friends. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment