Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday

I woke up with a smile on my face, just giddy with anticipation to greet the day. Hahaha, ya right! I stumbled out of bed, making sure that I did step on the child that now thinks my room is way cooler then hers. (She's on the floor, cause for some strange reason, sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor is way better then sleeping in a nice soft bed with a comforter, but what ever gets them to go to sleep sometimes.) I go look in the mirror, really at that early in the morning I don't even know why I bother. It's not like I'm going to see anything amazing. Ok, maybe my hair. Since I chopped it all off, I have some of the best frankenstien bedhead in the world. After that shock in the morning I make sure all the little ones doors are closed because or some reason the older ones, ( who are up getting ready for school already) think that they need every light on in the house. Now, I do admit that when I have to go down stairs and it is dark out, I turn on every light also, but I also turn them off when I leave the room. So I methodically, like a zombie, cause they are soooo methodical, turn off all the lights that are now blinding me ( remember just woke up). Down the stairs I go hoping not to fall, get the older ones lunches packed. Yup I still do that. Try to get them to hurry up and get ready. Then when it is my week to drive car pool off we go. The older kids looking pretty good for that early and me well I'm in jammies, with Frankenstein hair. I'm sure my kids are mortified every time that I drive, but that is way to early to look pretty. Then back home again, jiggity jog, to get the other set of children out the door with hair brushed, and clean faces. Most of the time I'm just happy with clean faces. They are off, the youngest and I get to hang out and do well jobs around the house, go workout ( for my sanity) and try to do something productive. Some days we are really good at it, today well not so hot. Kids will start filing home with wonderful stories to tell of all there adventures. I wont hear any of it cause trying to get the daily happenings from school out of a teenager is like to trying to pry open an oyster that is dead set on you not getting in. So my days look like nothing that TV portrays, or that that I even thought it would be like. But I like it. I like the challenge, I like the smiles I get from the kids, I like the satisfaction of doing something. Hence I don't do things that often, I don't want that excitement to seem common place. HAHAHA! Nope I think that I live a pretty charmed life.

Oh see look how productive. ( That was not today, I'm too tired to be productive today, but that is Gluten free bread that was really good. I'll post the recipe and step by step)

No comments:

Post a Comment